Saturday, February 26, 2005

Gathering Inspiration

There are a growing number of souls wandering the Abbey. Finding their way....making their way.

Early in the morning I wake, if I have slept at all, and lurk the vast hallways. Scarcely seen as I slip silently past the moonlit windows of the great hall which lead the way into the abbey gardens. As I enter these gardens I hear behind me the quiet hum of the Abbey coming to life as it welcomes in another day.

It has become my habit to slip down the stairs almost unnoticed. To wander in the dawn of the gardens, letting them imprint their beauty on my soul and infuse my heart with inspiration. The lights and shadows, the early morning mists that rise up with the sun reveal the forms and textures of the gardens as no other time of day can. As I run my fingers across the wrinkled blankets that enfold the trees my arms ache to create. The nature of the mother, the greatest artist of all, humbles me.

Bobbi Fetterly

1 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger Okanagan Valley Garden said...

Of course! I think many kindred spirits dwell in this garden. I'd love to know what everyone's favorite plants are and what things you might like to see made for the garden.

Bobbi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home